Reference Number: 3/1/2/1/2021/1
Salary(per annum): R 1,057,326
- Master’s degree in education and training or related field, specialising in assessment and/or curriculum and ; 10 -15 years’ experience in the education and training field with at least 5-10 years at managerial level.
- A substantial and in depth knowledge of the national education and training system.
- Vast knowledge of quality assurance in education and training as well as strong project management skills? In addition to proven project management skills s/he must be able to demonstrate ability to: conceptualize, design, lead and manage research (qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods), carry out data analysis and use data to write policy briefs and reports, mentor junior staff; write research reports, papers and articles and be able to present at varied forums.
- Creative leadership, effective management, the ability to manage large projects as well as the ability to work under pressure are essential qualities ?Ability to translate policies into implementation strategies and programmes ?The incumbent must be dynamic, self-motivated, self-managing and must be able to work under pressure ?A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively.
- Identify research needs and focus of the organization and plan strategically to meet these needs; conduct, manage and oversee all research conducted by Umalusi; publish and disseminate research reports and establish of research networks.
- Draw up and oversee implementation of the annual unit plan and budget, and report on expenditure and progress; oversee the functions of the Research Forum.
- Provide leadership, manage his /her own unit, and contribute significantly to the management of the organisation.
- Provides credibility and builds the credibility of the organisation among the stakeholders of Umalusi.
- Close cooperation and effective working with other units within the organisation
Enquiries: Mr Tumisho Manaka at Tumisho.Manaka@Umalusi.org.za. Applications may be submitted through the e-recruitment system on the Umalusi Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide sufficient information on the application will result in your application being disqualified. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 26-02-2021