The Minister of Basic Education, Angie Motshekga, will release the 2020 matric results on the 22nd of February 2021. Students from the 2020 matric academic year will be able to get their results the following day on the 23rd of February via SMS, USSD, newspapers or at their examination centres.
Students will also be able to access their matric results 2020 online. This will take place on various platforms. To access the 2020 matric results on the Department of Education’s website, follow these steps:
Step 1: Visit the Department of Basic Education website.
Step 2: Register using your details. (Please note you can only register for matric results until February 22nd the day before the marks are released).
Step 3: Click on the link for 2020 NSC exam results.
Step 4: Enter your examination number.
Step 5: Your results will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Click the download button and print.
Get your Matric Results from your School or Exam Centre
Your full Statement of Results will be available at your school or exam centre on 23 February 2021, but remember:
- Social distancing
- Wear a mask!
- Follow covid safety rules at your school
The IEB (Independent Examinations Board) Matric Exam results for the Matric Class of 2020 will be released on Friday, 19 February 2021.
IEB Matric students can get their results as follows:
- Step 1: Go to this page: http://www.ieb-online.co.za/asp/login.aspx
- Step 2: Login with your Exam Number and your Birth Date
- Step 3: Click on the “submit” button
- Step 4: Get your results!
Your Mobile Device
In this day and age, we are all constantly on our smartphones. Luckily, there are two ways that you can access your matric results straight on your cell phone. You can either do this via:
If you register beforehand, you will be able to get your matric results via SMS. All you have to do is:
- Send an SMS to 35658.
- You will be required to enter your ID number and your examination number.
USSD is a quick and easy way for you to get your matric results. If you do not want to go online or use an SMS, this might be the best way for you.
- Dial this number on your phone *120*35658#
- You will be required to answer some multiple-choice questions.
- Enter your ID and examination number.