Life Healthcare believes that inviting the best and brightest employees will have an impact and improve the experience for our patients. As we continue to grow, we are looking for people dedicated to excellence, quality and first class service. Learn more about how to join our team.
Why work at Life Healthcare?
- Social advantages
- Effective communication
- Pursue professional development
- Prize of the winner
- Medical assistance
- Pension funds
- Death and disability coverage
- Seniority Award
- Employee participation plan
- Go away, go away
- Employee well-being: a voluntary and confidential support program
Find out more about working at Life Healthcare.
What makes our people and our services special?
The folks at Life Healthcare are exceptional. The people who are part of our family are the ones who are passionate about providing the best possible patient care at all times. We attract the most dedicated and qualified nurses, specialists, pharmacists and clinical engineers. This means our patients and the communities we serve receive life-changing care.
A career isn’t just about showing up for a job every day, it’s about realizing your potential. We understand that it is not enough to attract exceptional employees, it is also necessary to retain them, stay with us and develop their careers. This is why at Life Healthcare we encourage our employees to take advantage of all the many opportunities we offer to grow and be more.
As a major player in the health sector in South Africa, our network of establishments covers one of the largest geographic areas in Southern Africa. In addition to our Group, a support base of over 2,700 specialists and other healthcare professionals, all backed by world-class facilities.
Life Healthcare in figures
- 50 acute hospitals
- 9,055 registered beds
- 41 emergency units
- 38 maternities
- 13 cardiac units
- Seven acute rehabilitation units dedicated to vital rehabilitation
- Nine active mental health centers dedicated to lifelong mental health
- 26 dedicated renal dialysis units offering 318 Life renal dialysis stations
- Three Novalis Tx radiotherapy units via Life Oncology
- Life Employee Health Solutions supports 381 clinics and serves 578,756 employees.
- Life Esidimeni is a public-private association of 10 establishments (3,119 places). Two of these establishments are NGOs in association with the Ministry of Social Development.
- Life College of Learning seven learning centers in South Africa, Eastern Cape, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and Western Cape.
- Each year, a thousand students are trained in nursing and health sciences.
Life College of Learning
- Over 1,000 students study at our seven learning centers in South Africa, choosing from a variety of basic and post-basic nursing and health science courses. More information.
Do you have questions about applying for a position at Life Healthcare or the recruitment process? Here are all the answers Our DNA
Our DNA is our set of guiding principles, which carries with it the power of performance and growth. It is the very essence of who we are. Find out how we define our DNA at Life Healthcare. Watch our video>
Direct line 011 219 9000
- Go to the hospital
- Patient services
- Additional services
- Prevention of infections
- Patient rights and responsibilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
Patient survey results
- Quality measures
- Patient experience survey
- Quality measures and patient safety
- Process measurements and clinical outcomes